Pages

Saturday 19 March 2011

Testing...Testing...1...2...3...?

Bon après-midi.

I had meant to post sooner, but, hey, life sometimes drags you back with other stuff. I shall start with a short introduction - I am Meows, 15, from the South West of the UK. I am a keen language geek (which is the reason why I sometimes switch languages quite intermittently, although hopefully I'm understandable), and am gay. It normally takes quite a lot out of me to say that out loud and, although I am myself in front of my friends, I strangely find it hard to let it roll off the tongue. I signed up to the forums in late July of 2010, and have stuck around ever since.

Although my principle interests are languages, cats and F1, I do take a big interest in the media and stuff, and I'm often found to be perusing the several media outlets in hope of finding something remotely interesting and light hearted in a world of hate and prejudice. Of course, this place is hopefully going to help break down the constant prejudice against the LGBT community (allthough this is improving with rapid speed), and hopefully myself and the rest of the bloggers can help debunk some of the myths and mysteries surrounding our 'community' and provide some tips and hints of things to do and places to meet people who understand each other. :)

I'll most likely be updating on Saturdays, since this is the only time where I can actually write the article. I'll be adding my minute knowledge and insight into what the LGBT community is about, and my experiences past and present of what went right and what went horrifically wrong!

And finally, I'll not only be trying to find some news involving the gay community, I'll also try to make the place slightly light hearted. Sometimes seriousness isn't the only way to get a message across, and humour tends to be much more long lasting in the mind - and who doesn't love a laugh? :)

I'm sure I have probably said far too much for an introduction, and LoneWolf will be after me for clogging up his blog space with my constant nonsense, but that won't stop me coming back. :)

Be nice to each other, life for every day and I'll see you next week. :)

-Meows.

No comments:

Post a Comment