Pages

Tuesday 15 March 2011

Lone Wolf: Relationships

Hey there, I thought I would give my feelings about relationships, its something a lot of us tend to think about, perhaps more often than we would want, deep down we all want to find that special someone that we can share our lives with, have someone to cuddle up to on a cold winters night and someone to help us when life throws bad stuff our way. Of course coping and being happy while single is very important as you can't spend all your time constantly trying to find someone as it will make you depressed. As I was once told, you will only find love when you are not looking for it, and that's pretty much what happened with my first relationship, I had given up on ever meeting anyone and it just came out of the blue,

Being an only child I am pretty used to being on my own and having my own space, since I left school I had an entire year and a half of rarely seeing anyone at all, its only really been in the past week that I've started to pick up a social life. Personally I think it's harder for a gay person to find someone to have a relationship with than it is for a straight person, it doesn't help that for me, I only know one gay person who doesn't live at least 300 miles away!

I would say that a club is definitely not the right place to try to meet someone, unless your just looking for someone casual. I think its probably best to just go to the outside world and meet people through work, school and university and eventually you will come across someone. Again that's pretty hard for me too because I don't have a job, but personally I am not really that fussed about finding someone, things are going pretty well for me at the moment and although we all have fantasies of a perfect relationship, it doesn't come without its problems as well. So I think it is important to be able to be happy and single and to try not to obsess too much about meeting the perfect partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment